— Tips for Survival —
Try to have at least one or two humans in the party for the fiend battles. (Although, this isn't absolutely necessary - any party can survive.) If you're using an all-monster party, then try to have two or more slime-class monsters available. Be
sure your human / esper characters are using weapons that work with their stats. e.g.Humans with high Str should be given Str-based weapons like swords,
while espers should have Mana-based weapons or spell books.
- Most any party setup should work, although some setups will be more difficult than others. Solo challenges may not be possible anymore due to the final boss having a non-resistable instant-KO skill. I'm not sure if an all-monster party can survive this battle, for that matter. If you've been playing with an all-monster party up to this point, then you may want to consider swapping your party members out for other character races at the guild.
Don't fret the first few areas of the game. World four is when things
really start to get hairy. Try not to leave the third world until you've
outfitted your humans and espers with Dragon armor, as you'll
definitely need the resistances. (Note that the Dragon helm is called a "Circlet" in my translation.) Be careful about using monsters with elemental weaknesses.
- Remember that human stats max out at 255, not 99. You should have no trouble grinding
for money in the fourth world, so try to max your humans by then. Bosses
start to see the most substantial boosts around this time.
Have your characters fitted with potions, Cure books or other curative items
before heading into major boss fights. You'll probably need to have the
party dedicate a few rounds to recovering from attacks like Whirl and Flare. Humans can equip and use Tonics, Potions, XPotions and Curealls
during battle, but Elixirs and Revives can be used only on the map.
- You may need to keep duplicate weapons equipped for some boss fights, as you may run out of weapon uses mid-battle.
- Sun swords will make quick work of the revived fiends since they're undead.
-Espers with Blood swords and 99 Mana will prove invaluable against
later bosses. Monsters with drain attacks will also be useful. Humans
may struggle to stay alive because their curative potential isn't so
great, and late-game bosses will be spamming a lot of devastating
- If you're up to the challenge, barrier Su-zaku is now the game's version of a superboss with a whopping 10,000 HP and the ability to use FLARE. You can find him roaming the ruins of world four before you've dispelled the barrier. Of course, you can still flee the encounter and just proceed with the story instead. Remember: Once you dispel the barrier, Su-zaku can no longer be fought in the ruins. If you take too long to wear his HP down, he may in fact run out of ability uses and decide to flee.
- Remember that some of the most useful items are bought from
earlier worlds, such as Karate technique from world two, and the Blood sword from
world three. You can use the Door item or an esper's Teleprt ability to
warp back to any previously visited floor. The second world is
accessible from floor 5, while the third world is accessible from floor
10, and the fourth world is located on floor 16. Note that these worlds are still accessible after you've defeated Ashura, but you'll have to warp to them.